Friday, October 16, 2009

Help me out...


When I was expecting my son, my husband and I had a game where we would try to come up with the most ridiculous baby names.  We would then tell these names to people, in all seriousness, just to see their faces.  NO ONE will tell you you've chosen a hideous name for your child! (This is especially fun at church... "Oh, you're naming him Hildegarde? Cuu-uute!)

I will give away a two-pack of passes to an Ogden area attraction to whoever comes up with the best (fake) baby name - boy or girl.  So far I've got Adolf if it's a boy and Minerva for a girl. 

Update: we're having another boy! Leave a comment and don't forget to let me know if you'd prefer the movie tickets or rock climbing passes.

4 comments:

  1. At least Minerva was a goddess. True story, my sister-in-law's parents were originally going to name her Miza Helena (Meat-suh Hell-ay-nuh). That one just sticks in my throat! And we loved to tell people we were going to name our second baby Olga Brunhilde, but I was always worried someone was going to personalize her gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devan has a customer who comes into the pharmacy and his real name is Shithead. Its pronounced Shit-heed. He thinks it is so funny. What an awful name huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't live in the area, so don't enter me in the contest. Just wanted to share a name that was really given to some poor child. Clamidia Joy. The mom didn't speak English, heard it while in the hospital and thought it was so pretty. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Hezekiah or Erastus for a boy and Mirarova for a girl.

    ReplyDelete