Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's just not going to happen!!!



So, I just made a lovely video for this blog aaaannd... can't upload it.  A little frustrated and I'm kind of pissed becasue I broke the egg perfectly.
(sigh) Well, here's the info anyway:

Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies:
(Preheat oven 350 degrees)
Betty Crocker (don't use store brand for these) Yellow Cake Mix
One egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 C white flour (optional - I'm at high altitude so I add it)
1/2 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients (if dough is too dry add a few T. water or milk)
Shape into golf-ball sized mounds and place about 12 per cookie sheet
Bake 8-9 minutes until cookies look dry in the middle (not very golden)
*I like to freeze half the dough on a cookie sheet and transfer frozen cookie blobs to Ziplock bags so I can take out one or twoo cookies at a time and bake them. 

So, I tried hard and made a super-amazing video, but no harm done, at least I have a batch of yummy cookies now! (and no career prospects in the field of video editing)

OH! I almost forgot -
SUGAR COOKES: use white cake mix (exact same directions as above, but no choc. chips).  Add a packet or two of Kool-Aid mix to the frosting (if using) to make it a little tart - otherwise the sweet is a little overwhelming
CHOCOLATE SANDWICHES: use chocolate or devil's cake mix, follow directions above (minus chocolate chips) but increase oil to 1/2 cup.  Squish two cookies together using cream cheese frosting for glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment